Grade Results uses sequential learning and spaced repetition techniques in courses to ensure curriculum content is anchored in online lessons for students and in instruction with live online instructors (Live tutoring).
All courses include:
- Read-aloud and text highlighter (text is highlighted as it is being read) features.
- Text and audio can be translated and converted from English to Spanish or French.
- An electronic notepad, allows students to take notes, and print.
- Calculator options: normal, scientific, and graphing
- Lessons include a downloadable list of vocabulary words with definitions, a study guide and worksheets.
- A searchable dictionary. Words can be searched on the web and Wikipedia.
- Projects are included and are set-up based up district or school specifications. (ELA and Math courses include over thirty projects per course, science and social studies have ten to fifteen projects per course, and electives have three to five projects per course.)
- Course can be set-up to follow the district course pacing guides.
- At the end of each lesson the student will answer embedded post-lesson assessments. Typically seven questions are included consisting of five multiple choice and two constructive response (Higher Order Thinking Skills-HOTS) questions. (The number of questions can be a user-defined number.) If the school defined mastery percent has not been achieved the lesson questions can be “Reset.” (The number of resets allowed is defined by the district or school.)
- Students can also request assistance from an on-demand live instructor, who will work with the student via the interactive whiteboard to validate the concepts in the lesson. Once the student feels prepared, they may again take the end of lesson assessment with new set of questions.
- The live instructor can be accessed 24/7 to provide instructional support. This is extremely beneficial for students who are working from home, or may be in a computer lab, were a subject area teacher may not be available. Note, live instruction is not included in the license cost unless indicated, but can be purchased as an add-on.
The curricula implemented is individualized, self-paced learning in a blended learning environment, provided by Grade Results Inc. Learning is tailored to individual students’ strengths, needs, and considers existing knowledge, skills, and abilities. High expectations are set, and students are pushed in supportive ways to reach their personal goals.
Each student will have an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) created upon entering the program which will determine their learning needs and plan of implementation with courses. All material provided through Grade Results is compatible with various accommodations including read-aloud options for audio learners and students needing assessments read aloud, reading lexicon adjustment to accommodate various reading levels, closed captioning is provided on all videos, and the videos are available for students requiring visual learning aids along with the visuals provided in the lesson. Lexicon adaptability can be adjusted by the student and is labeled in simple terms that allow the student to make modifications as needed.
Grade Results adopts an inclusion model in a heterogeneous setting for instruction of all students, with special attention to the Individualized Education Plans (IEP) of students who may need an individual or small-group setting. Curricula used for the small group/independent study intervention will vary based upon the needs of the assigned groups and grade-band. It will also be aligned to Common Core and state standards. Course and lesson strands can be easily modified (lessons added, deleted or revised for level of difficulty) in the learning platform. The goal is to create opportunities for students to deepen their understanding of academic subject matter using higher-order thinking skills. English Language Learners (ELL) students have the ability to change the presented material into their home language using the Grade Results platform, allowing ease of use for students who are not proficient in English. The program offers side by side translations in order to promote growth in English proficiency.