Personalized learning is where students drive their learning. It is different from the traditional classroom setting, where teachers deliver lecture and students take notes. This personalized learning replaces the “one size fits all” approach with honoring students’ individual achievements. Students, with guidance from teachers, decide on their pace and path of learning. In other words, it is tailored learning, where students decide on their own pacing guide and make real world connections through videos, interactive lessons, summative/formative assessments, projects, forums, real-time feedback, and one-on-one instruction. All these help students take ownership of their learning to be better equipped and determine the support they need. Personalized learning helps students to not worry about falling behind or moving ahead of schedule.
We at Grade Results, provide all that is needed 24/7/365 to encourage students personalize their learning and ultimately lead them to success.
Personalized Learning is vastly different from virtual learning. First, students are assigned a certified teacher in EACH subject area. Students can contact this teacher for help on demand 24/7/365. Second, students are assigned writing assignments, forums, projects, and constructed response questions. These are all graded by actual instructors, using rubrics. Third, the learning is totally differentiated. From the beginning, students are tested using an adaptive assessment from NWEA MAP. All materials assigned to the students have been determined based on their reading and knowledge level. All materials in Grade Results have been assigned an RIT. Based on student testing, materials will be assigned that are aligned to common core and create a diagnostic learning path for the students. Teachers are always there to monitor, reassess, and reassign those materials.
- All K-12 intervention content under one learning management system for ease of organizing, data retrieval, and familiarity of use. This provides consistent quality data for analysis. We have over 9,000 courses ready to go, and many are aligned with common core or workforce ready.
- Intervention solutions provided through our rigorous, assessment-driven instructional content for all schools, for student use and by district personnel.
- Monitoring of student progress through embedded tools and through coordination with other assessments like NWEA MAP.
- Grade level diagnostics identify student learning gaps in alignment with the MS Common Core and MS science standards.
- Coverage of all the fundamental tasks of reading and math instruction.
- Our approach for math and language arts intervention is based on the Institute of Education Sciences (IES) recommendations for intervention programs, which endorse that a two-step assessment process precedes an instructional prescription.
- Identifies each student’s proficiency level in language arts and/or math with our adaptive screener NWEA MAP.
- Conducts a diagnostic analysis of each student’s mastery of proficiency-level objectives.
- Creates a personalized learning acceleration path based on those test results or on the imported results for selected external assessments NWEA MAP.
- Delivers rigorous instruction in fun, interactive contexts to build foundational skills including technology-enhanced items.
- Provides tools to monitor students’ progress and support teachers’ data-driven decision-making.
At the high school level, teachers can use Grade Results content in a way that matches the needs of their struggling students, everything from intervention support to credit recovery to summer school. Grade Results has accompanying interactive labs and games to support the content.
The Grade Results approach
- A test-out skill gap analysis mode allows students to test out of materials they already know, therefore accelerating their learning.
- A fully teacher-determined mode supports interventionists and teachers who can use the content aligned with lesson plans to replace units, provide additional practice, or introduce concepts.
- Create an automatic, personalized learning acceleration path based on NWEA MAP imported results.
The instructional design in the K-12 Grade Results content brings rigor and a comprehensive instructional design in an engaging environment. Lessons are built around a four-part instructional model that supports a gradual release of responsibility to students to build skills and student self-efficacy and “ownership” of learning.
First, students get engaging, dynamic explicit instructions that teach the skills/concepts through videos and animations delivered in a fun, friendly, conversational voice. Throughout these activities, students are provided with lots of examples, real world contexts, and modeling.
In supported practice segments of the lessons, students practice the skills or concepts introduced in the instructional segment. REAL, LIVE INSTRUCTORS are available 24/7/365 to work with students to give feedback, to respond to questions, and to teach concepts. Scaffolds, like hints and re-teaching, help students become more skilled without getting frustrated. Because of the feedback and support provided, students get all the help they need. They aren’t left to do the same thing over and over with the same result. As students move through content, they are branched to feedback based on the answers they give. This provides opportunities for specific re-teaching in a supportive environment.
Later on in the interactives, support and scaffold are reduced, so students have more of a chance to work on their own, at their own pace.
Short activity quizzes and unit tests are frequent, so there is continuous feedback for students and teachers. The assessments are graded immediately, and the students and teachers can see the scores instantly. This way, if additional intervention is needed, it is known immediately and students aren’t stuck in a loop of frustration and can accelerate forward.
Grade Results provides a versatile digital intervention by:
- Diagnostic benchmark assessments with automatic intervention learning paths.
- Personalized learning for each student while maintaining teacher control.
- Fixed mastery lesson structure.
- Real-time data for instructional adjustments.
- Embedded, scaffolding, and independent practice.
- Customizable scope and sequence.
- Ongoing progress monitoring.
- Available 24/7/365 direct TEACHER instruction.