Grade Results offers benchmark assessments, used to track grade level mastery and growth throughout the year and to assess end-of-year outcomes. Benchmark assessments provide information to gauge students’ strengths and needs against end-of-year standards in core subject areas. Benchmark testing helps determine whether a school is on-track to meet end-of-year goals. Benchmark testing allows for early interventions to be set in place to address the deficiencies of students before the actual state testing occurs.
The Purpose of Benchmark Testing
- Assessments are used to track student mastery of course standards.
- Assess progress toward end of year outcomes.
- Support tool to help teachers gauge student strengths and needs.
Customizable solutions based upon district specifications
- Assessments are based upon state and national standards.
- Correlated to quarterly or six week testing periods.
- Assessments contain the same test items in randomized order.
- Extensive researched-based test bank.
- Test items are created on three levels of difficulty.
- Assessments are available in web based form or hard copy. Grade results instructors complete all scoring.
- Extensive reporting package available for all users.
Results reported at each instructional level
Benefits of Benchmark Testing
- Parents receive a student summary of their child’s proficiency level by standard.
- Parents are informed!
- Teachers can identify standards, by class, which are above or below proficiency level.
- Targeted remediation can be easily implemented.
- Principal can identify classes where students are above or below proficiency.
- Focus PD where needed.
- District can identify courses at schools that are above or below proficiency.
- Focus PD in critical schools.